Episode #62: Flat Earth AI Zombies September 16, 2022
Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Catherine and James eviscerate flat earth theory and the zombified appetite for "alternate realities" while predicting the future of AI "art".
- 00:10 - Honey Bear's rescue story!
- 01:30 - James describes a real dog
- 02:10 - New format flop
- 02:30 - TikTok Flat Earth hilarity
- 03:45 - She gotta be trolling!
- 05:10 - Reason begone, here comes the wacky!
- 05:45 - Ignorance or boredom? Who cares!
- 06:15 - Stupidity rises like cream on social media
- 07:05 - Does the appetite for "alternate realities" affect how we see art?
- 07:45 - Colorado State Fair vs. AI generated art
- 08:05 - AI image generator: Midjourney
- 10:00 - "Hand of the artist" is now "your mind"!
- 11:20 - Riffing from Hudson River, but did anyone know (or care?)
- 14:30 - Questions remain re: digital image sourcing and "sampling"
- 17:49 - Image synthesis via latent diffusion
- 18:25 - Search yourself (and your art) LAION-5B
- 21:10 - Robots are coming for your creativity!
- 22:40 - Put me in your database and re-use my work!
- 23:20 - Severed head Phoestivus
- 26:33 - Interest equals value!
- 27:50 - "Watching the death of artistry..."
- 28:20 - Art communities ban AI generated images
- 29:43 - James looks into an AI crystal ball
- 31:20 - At last, James is correct!